Saturday, July 12, 2008

Theeceremonie-Tea ceremony

De eerste foto in het vorige logje deed mij terugdenken aan Zwitserland. In februari bezocht ik in Sion Aux 5 T, een bijzondere theewinkel die wordt opengehouden door een kunstenares uit Vietnam, met een aandoenlijke voorgeschiedenis als bootvluchtelinge...

The first picture from the last blog post reminded me of my stay in Switzerland. In February I discovered in Sion Aux 5 T, a lovely tea shop kept by a Vietnamese artist with a moving past as a boat refugee...


Op de tafel al het nodige voor een Chinese theeceremonie:

On the table a display for a Chinese tea ceremony:
Spontaan kreeg ik er een inleiding tot de Japanse theeceremonie, een echt gebaar van gastvrijheid:

As a true gesture of hospitality I received an introduction to the Japanese tea ceremony:

Prompt kocht ik er een Japanse theekom met enkele toebehoren. De emaillaag van de kom,vervaardigd door een Zwitserse keramist met een Japanse opleiding, was net een laagje sneeuw waar de aarde doorheen kwam:

I decided to buy some ustensils and a real chawan, made by a Swiss ceramic artist with a Japanese training. The surface of the bowl reminded me of snow with the earth showing through:

De kom wordt regelmatig gebruikt, niet in een echte theeceremonie, wel als een rustgevend moment en genietend van de schoonheid van de voorwerpen op zichzelf:

I make use of the bowl regularly, not in an authentic tea ceremony, but as a restful moment enjoying the beauty of the objects:

Matcha, het groene theepoeder, met enkele Japanse zoetigheden:

This is matcha, powdered green tea, with some Japanese sweets:
Berg van groene thee:

A mountain of green tea:

De drank op zich:

The beverage in itself:

Het finale schuimrestje heeft door de grilligheid van het oppervlak een speciale vorm:

Due to the irregular surface the final foam took a particular shape:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ouah le joli petit coeur!!....quel voyage....

lababla said...

I received a tea ceremony introduction by my japanese friend's grand'parents when I was in Japan 15 years ago. They offered me the bowl, the tea and the tools ("spoon",towel and whip). I love tea and teabox collector.
http://lababla.unblog.fr/tag/
collections/boites-de-the/
If I go back in Valais, I should visit that shop;))
I love your bowl, looks like thick icing on a cake.

Anonymous said...

magnifique reportage et des photos sublimes!! attendrissante la dernière, ça m'est déjà arrivé, le petit coeur à la fin de mon cappuccino!!!